Home Page List/Directory   Facebook Blog    Queries? Email to:   Webmaster

Saturday, May 25, 2013

The Demise of iGoogle (/ig)

A personal history of iGoogle /ig by GP du Berger

I got up and opened the computer and opened my browser and was greeted with a message that my iGoogle Browser Desktop was disappearing on November 1 2013. Besides the excuses they tell us as to why, when Google can map the entire World , the Moon and planet Mars, it is beyond their capacity to keep a simple PC desktop alive as you can read in excuses # 2664197 at Google support
@ https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/2664197.

This websearch-answer routine I've seen before when Blogger changed their entire interface to make it more amenable to an assortment of internet mobile toys that have sprung up in the last two years. I was even more surprised that Google can support over 2.5 million excuses for one thing that involves my lowly innocent desktop and why it has to go when the thing (iGoogle) is in complete accordance with the Universe and its laws.

These things I read from Google, about "important changes" just reveal, to me, a pattern that becomes boring at one point. Since I know, already, now that the entire internet is completely fake, at least philosophically fake, and is just becoming, itself, an application to serve big media, as I now give a new name for "computers" and now refer to them as "media devices" when they are on the internet and 'computers' when they are working on applications that don't require any outside help or interference.